Alex Laas is a freelance patternmaker, technical designer and web developer living and working in New York City.
I provide patternmaking services for everything from established brands to individual clients looking for custom clothing. With experience in tailored woven garments, suiting, and cut and sew knits, I can draft production-ready patterns for a broad range of women's garments based off of designer sketches, specs and fittings.
- First production patterns for ready-to-wear and luxury brands
- Custom patterns tailored to individuals
- Altering existing patterns
- Leading fit sessions
- Producing muslins for fit testing
- Tech packs
- Spec development and construction details
- Technical sketches
- In-person and Skype fittings
- Grade rules
- Line lists
- Domestic and overseas production management
- Quality control
- Sizing analysis
- CLO 3D
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Sheets
For references and work examples, shoot me an email at email@example.com.